Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimize Your Images For Google Images Search!!!

Hello there,
    Below are some tips that will help you to optimize your images for google images.I hope you found this thread helpful
    1)Optimize Image Size:Your Image size needs to be perfect if you want to optimize them for google images search.You may optimize your images and lower the size by Yahoo! Smushit,you can visit it at smush.it >It automatically resize your images without any compromise on the quality .
    2)Image Name:
    Rather then uploading a image to your host with the file name img-123xyz ,it is better to upload an image with your keyword say howtooptimizeimages-1.It doesn't only improves your ranking in google images but also in Google.
    3)Optimize Alt Tag:
    Search Engine Bots cannot read images.That's where the role of alt tag comes in.The Alt tag is what describe the images to the search engine.You should optimize all your images with alt tag and then you'll see some difference.However,don't use alt tags that are too long (~1000 character) because it can be regarded as a sign of over optimization by search engines and could also get your site penalized
    4)Schema Markup:
    Schema markup is what which allows you to give additional information about things that exists in your content and that includes images too.This allows you to give a brief description of your images to search engines enhancing your on-page seo.It allows you to add the location where the image was clicked or even add the name of photographer,etc.If you want to implement it you may jjust google it.

Smush.it and schema markup was new for me.There is an wp-plugin which automatically does the work for all your images ,resizing them to the right size.I think some has posted up here about that plugin for wp:

Comment

Originally posted by theneo View Post
      Smush.it ...
      Ok thanks, really this plugin is awesome and truly optimizes one's site automatically .Thanks For Mentioning It

Comment

hey a very nice post,
        liked it.
        Optimizing alt tag is really important now a days.Optimizing images ,reducing it size without creating a strain on quality is a very good thing.I loved the smush.it plugin and am using it right now

Comment

Yup smushit plugin is very great.You can do it manually to by going to smush.it .Its great for pals wanting to improve their pagespeed score which plays an important role in ranking your websites.

Comment

Working...
          X