Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
$..Automatic and Manual method to analyze your keyword's competition..$ Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $..Automatic and Manual method to analyze your keyword's competition..$

Hello DMers,
    I am gonna discuss about 2 methods that i have been using to analyze my keywords since i entered into internet marketing..so here are they

1)Automatic Method using Market Samurai:
    Market Samurai is one of the most popular all in one SEO tool ....It has many features such as rank tracker,domain finder.content promoter,keyword analyzer etc....Although most part of this tool is paid or comes for a trial for about 7 days...the Keyword Analyzer tool is free for life time.......it is simple and provides many filters for finding out good keywords out of the garbage ones...you just need a working google adwords account to synchronize it with the application....It allows you to view the competition of a keyword in google by analyzing the top-10 results from google..........It gives info about various things of the sites that are ranking for your keyword by giving you ability to view whether the site is properly optimized for the keyword in title,url,content and also allows you to view the number of backlinks your competitor has which allow your human brain to determine whether the keyword will be easy to rank or not............
    2)Manual Method Using Google:
    This method is for some people who don't want to download market samurai or have some difficulty in installing them......I assume that all of you may have a good and working pc with firefox installed .......There is a simple plugin called SEO Quake which is very effective and lets you see many things such as the PR of the web page or results in google,its alexa rank,the no. of cached pages in google and other search engines......in manual method you just have to get your keyword and enter them in google ......when you are at the results page which are usually 10 results per page....you just look at the info provided by seo quake and look whether your keyword is located in title ,url and meta description of the results which lets you see whether the sites on the result page are targeting your keyword..........

So some Characteristics of a Keyword That is easy to rank:
    • Has No result which have a Google Page Rank Greater than 3-4
    • Has 2-3 Results only that have more than 200 links indexed by alexa(you could go to alexa.com and enter the site address to find so)
    • Has only 2-3 Results that have the keyword you searched for in Title
    • Has only 2-3 Results that have the keyword you searched for in URL
    • Has only 2-3 Results that have the keyword you searched for in Meta description you see on results page

SO this was some of the characteristics that I used to find the competition of keyword.....However they may not be 100% accurate to determine the competitiveness of the keyword........Share YOur methods too if you have any and i would be pleased to hear them.......

Really nice post OP.Using SEO Quake is a good way to look out for competitors stat at a quick glance.However i just wanted to contribute to the characteristics of a keyword that is easy to rank .:
    Has Only 2-3 Results with the domain age more than 5 years
    Has Only 2-3 Results with the D/A more than 25
    Has Only 2-3 Results with the P/A more than 25
    Just My contribution .Hope it's ok with You.BTW thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dmer View Post
      Really nice post ...
      Thanks for Posting.I forgot mentioning DA/PA .Thanks you reminded us.One should consider Domain authority and page authority of the results as it is one of the important metrics to see how easy it would be to rank for the keyword.

Comment

hey theneo,
        really nice post indeed.
        I usually stick analyzing manual method of researching on competitors.I also tend to have a look at social profiles like twitter of facebook of sites which are ranking for the keyword I want to target.It does help if i want to do smm for the website.

Comment

a really great post indeed.I use market samurai for analyzing my keywords it makes my job much easier.If i have some 10 keywords which have good results and i have to choose only one,then i might do some manual research.

Comment

Originally posted by S3O View Post
            a really great post ...
            Yup,
            I too agree with you.Market Samurai does make our task on analyzing our competitors hell lot easier!However as u said,there's nothing like manual research,it's so true.I would recommend you market samurai if you have more than 10 keywords.It will make your job easier,after that you sort out the best ones and focus on those.

Comment

Working...
            X