Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Blogging Platform is the best?

Hello there,
    though of creating a new blog but I am confused on which blogging platform to choose.As there has been many new competitors out there competing for the best blogging platform,I have Short-listed these 3:
    1. Blogger
    2. Self Hosted Wordpress
    3. Joomla
    Do tell me the drawbacks and positive points of any of these blogging platform or feel free to add any other that will be useful for me.MY blog will be based on SEO and IM techniques.I have done blogging for a while but I want to know the best and choose the best this time.I have used Blogger for some of my previous blogs .Do advice me guys if you have experience in any.As far as reviews from internet is concerned the best seems to be Self-Hosted WP but according to some screen shot it content editor seems disturbing though and i find Blogger Content Editor Dashboard Better than that of WP but Blogger lacks Plugins and awesome theme.Joomla is not so popular yet is looking cool and advised by many yet i don't believe it is so awesome but still if any one is having good experience with either of these do share them and help me to choose one of them .THanks

I think Blogger is the best blogging platform . It has many benefits . One of them is blogger is owned by Google and it is very easy to set up has good online support. Clear benefits of using blogger include:
    • ease of setup
    • simple design and layout
    • inability to harm the backend (no custom coding)
    • free

Comment

I think there are many blogging platform but blogger is the best from all of them. It has many benefits. One of them is it has owned by Google and it has good online support.It has clear benefits of using blogger :
      1.Ease of setup
      2.simple design and layout
      3.It is free

Comment

Hello there,
        I would recommend you to go with wordpress if you know some basics of PHP and want great customizability.Wordpress is free but it seems it is not as simple as blogger.Blogger is owned by google and therefore you get best security out there >So if you are a starter then go for Blogger.

Comment

ok thank you all.I finally opted for wordpress as i saw many good reviews here and on the web.Also now i see that it has many plugins which is a very good thing.I also created a free .blogspot blog and saw that they don't have a single useful plugin that are looking professional .

Comment

Originally posted by S3O View Post
            ok thank you all.I finally opted for wordpress as i saw many good reviews here and on the web.Also now i see that it has many plugins which is a very good thing.I also created a free .blogspot blog and saw that they don't have a single useful plugin that are looking professional .
            I think you have made the right choice, As a newbe may people use blogger.com, mainly because its free and easy to use and owned by Google. But if you are serious about blogging than you should avoid blogspot as blogger often delete blogs without any prior warning or notification. I just want to share my own experience, About 1year ago when started my blogging career, I created my first blog with blogger.com. I wrote 3 *500 words articles all unique no spun. Applied SEO techniques and finely I got the page 1 ranking. and one day when i checked my email, I got a mail saying your blog has been deleted.........
            I also agree with those who talk about blogger positive aspect but if you want to be in safe hands, use Wordpress as hosting is so cheap these days.

Comment

To build up a blog on an open source and free hosting is not the best idea, you should at least protect yourself by paying something to the owners of that platform, like this you'll be protected by any deletions made without any warnings as happened to @seoplan. I'm sure that you'll have success with this techniques and you'll be able to get some daily small income from your blog if is well made and properly optimized.

Comment

Wordpress is also what i wanted to recommend,late though . You've made right choice buddy.Currently Wordpress is the best CMS out there and if you have some capital ,like 5-6 usd per month(I hope you may have it)for hosting the blog then wordpress is a must .However Install some free wordpress security plugins to be in the safe side.

Comment

Why we always have to worry by our site ? Yes we need to have an idea by the content and the platform for creating a blog or something else. I recommend Joomla and Wordpress because we find a lot of plugins and templates who are very easy to install and manage. I even used these platforms to learn to create a professional website based on simple ideas but innovative. So the answer for this question is creativity !

Comment

Thanks kaname,
                    As i have said that i have chose wordpress and till now i think i haven't done a mistake.I had taken the decision based on suggestion user of this forum and i think i won't regret it.Yeah.Wordpress Plugin and Theme support is great.I can't say that with Joomla ,I haven't really tested it. Thanks all for your great suggestion.

Comment

Hi S30,
                      I know of a blogging-platform called- "Empower Network", but it is not free.
                      It costs $25 per month and I have never used them.
                      I just heard of them via the internet and friends.
                      Good Luck!

Comment

These all are best blogging sites but Blogger is best blogging site because it's easy to use and good for SEO purpose also.

Comment

Yes i agree with you. Wordpress, blogger and Joomla are good platform for blogging. Apart from this, Tumblr is one of the best blogging platform.

Comment

Wordpress!

Comment

Working...
                            X