Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Engine Optimization(SEO)vs Social Media Marketing(SMM)

Howdy all,
    Just wondering about what you guyz think about SEO and SMM........
    As all of you may know that search engine optimization is harder than social media optimization however is an easy process if become used to.......on the other hand Social Media Marketing is the instant traffic to your website/blog after building a good base of social followers and fans,,,,
    So here is my comparsion between these two:

Search Engine Optimization:
    • Requires Some good knowledge and time
    • Provides a Consistent source of organic traffic from search engines once seo is done successfully achieving good position in search engine result page
    • Provides Good Amount of earning if you have installed some ppc advertising network and higher conversion of an affiliate product
    Social Media Marketing:
    • Requires Some good base of followers and fans
    • Requires Consistent sharing on social media sites with good amount of followers and fans for consistent traffic
    • Provides less amount of earning if you have installed some ppc advertising network and lower conversion of an affiliate product when compared to Search Engine Organic Traffic as the visitors are looking for information and not a paid solution
    According to me,SEO is far more better than SMM as it provides me a consistent source of traffic when i have done it successfully however you should also note that SEO is not a one time process as there are many competitors coming up trying to compete with your search engine ranking position.But it does provide a lot more revenue when compared to SMM.On the other hand SMM requires to build a good amount of fans and followers in order to get visits and also requires consistent sharing.We should also take care that we do not loose our fans and followers...No dought SMM is easy then SEO but it gives less revenue.......I usually stick doing both giving more preference to seo.....what do u guyz say..........SEO OR SMM??????????

As Google is showing more and more ads into the search results, it's becoming difficult to reach the target audience using SEO strategies alone. Comparatively, when we create a social media optimised website, it is more customer centric and there are bright chances to receive customers rather than just visitors. Because the recommendations from friends are more powerful than what the Google algos will ever achieve.

Comment

yup.i do believe in creating a site with both SEO and SMM in mind.And it is true that SMM is what something that brings less revenue and i strongly disagree with sadia because the traffic from google is much more customer centric then of social media.I am saying it as one who has experienced it>!

Comment

SMM can give good results if you have a strong team. For a lonely worker the best is nevertheless the SEO (you can handle it by yourself).
        As far as I see you should fit for the SEO type

Comment

Originally posted by Rcc View Post
          SMM can give good results if you have a strong team. For a lonely worker the best is nevertheless the SEO (you can handle it by yourself).
          As far as I see you should fit for the SEO type
          I don't know .But I haven't got any good results with SMM.Yaa SEO works just perfect for me

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post

I don't know ....
            I know that feeling bro.I agree with you that you might find some problem having success with SMM but once you master it(have good responsive followers,fans,whatever you say) you'll have great success with very little process.SEO on the other hand is effective but is an ongoing process.You must have to donate some time in order to achieve success with seo.If you want success with smm just focus on writing quality content and share it as well.Don't just stick on sharing your content.As sharing is caring ,share other's content too.It'll better .That's all from my side.

Comment

Originally posted by owaiswiz View Post
              I agree with you that you
              Yeah,you said right..Getting followers is a tedious task...I will try to get it soon.
              Just came across a wp plugin that locks certain content until and unless you share it.
              May be great trying it now.
              Wp Plugin= Onepress Social Locker

Comment

I would too go with both.I would give more importance to seo though and then to smm.There are niches where smm doesn't simply works.you have to do seo or you won't get traffic.
                Thanks for opening up this discussion OP.It gave many views to other people as well.

Comment

How to Benefit from Google Plus?

Google plus button is relatively new feature from Google. This is the way how google offers own system for so called liking and spreading the content online. Every seo professional and owners of websites had the aim to get as many google votes as possible, but no one was sure in results for ranking. How can it influence online rating? Do numbers on google+ button turn into additional traffic flow to my website? Well, we will try to find explanation for this issue.

Comment

Social media marketing is more better than SEO as it helps for getting organic traffic .There are many companies which are preferring SMM rather than SEO .Fan page creation and Community management can be done to boost your sales on Web .Have a peek here at agence social media .

Comment

Working...
                    X