X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godaddy Or Hostgator hosting ?

Hello guys, I have a huge problem, my website is ranking very week , I got over 2000 unique visitors per day (thanks to Money Robot software) but I have a huge problem, my actual hosting company tells me that my website is taking too much CPU resources (I use Joomla platform) and I'm in searching of new hosting company, I get into Godaddy hosting company (I purchase all my domains from Godaddy), and I also find out about Hostgator, which one is better​ ? Really appreciate your replies guys.

I used long time ago the Godaddy hosting and it was very slow and cheap, also they had some PHP limitations so I don't recommend Godaddy anymore, and one more thing, they also not using Cpanel, you need Cpanel to take good backups of your websites.

Comment

Go for Hostgator for sure it is the best solution, there are also other solutions like : ​Bluehost, Justhost etc. But for sure Godaddy it is not a good solution for hosting, they have very slow speed and even when their servers are down they will reply you with a message like this : "Your website working just fine and it is accessible from any place" , so make sure you don't ever use any hosting that don't offer Cpanel.

Comment

Go with Hostgator they are much more stable, their price it is a little higher than Godaddy but for sure they are much better hosting. I personally stoped even to purchase domains from Godaddy, they use a lot of tricks to make people pay more for domains, and they are not trusted anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel View Post
          my website is ranking very week , I got over 2000 unique visitors per day (thanks to Money Robot software)
          Hi there Lionel, I want to ask you how much money you make with your 2000 unique visitors? I also use Money Robot software and I have $40 per day already and I have only 350 daily unique visitors, and what niche are you into .?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
            how much money you make with your 2000 unique visitors?
            Hi Lucas, I make over $250-320 per day and ​in this moment my actual hosting company just suspend my website account because it consume too much more resources , I think I will stick to them and pay them a VPS and move to a VPS because it seems that the website really consume a lot of resources. Have to go now but I will send you a private message soon to talk with you about some techniques that I use with Money Robot.

Comment

Oh yes, take your time, and better move to a VPS with dedicated resources, this will create no more down time to your websites, If they will keep your website down for a day you will lose over $250 , wow that is amazing, OK take your time and send me a PM when you prefer, thanks.

Comment

Godaddy is not even the best company to get a domain from, I recommend NameCheap company, they offer a better price and you will love their cleaner website for sure.

Comment

Avoid that company ! They have stolen me a domain just in front of my eyes, I found one domain in a day and I had no money on my credit card, the next day I add some money and I go to Godaddy website to purchase the domain and surprise ! The domain was already purchased by who ? By godaddy company, so AVOID that company, they are buying automatically all the good domains that people don't purchase the immediately. I think they have many pending trial because of this trick they use.

Comment

I actually love this company and I had no problems with them, their support response time is not really good, but all my websites are to Godaddy and never had any problems with downtime or any other similar problem.

Comment

They are good for domains, I purchase from them over 40 domains, however I am never going to use their hosting anymore, I got an annoying problem with their limited PHP hosting and I will not use them again, and about that stolen domain that you said are you sure it was purchased from them ? It happens some time to accidently look in the wrong place at whois section and you maybe think that they did purchase it but actually another person did that via the Godaddy website.

Comment

I've hosted my Wordpress blogs to their company for over 2 years and had no problems, however I prefer Namecheap for domains because they offer better prices and they don't raise the prices of domains after each year.

Comment

What about Dreamhost ? They are good for hosting ? They have good prices, anyone have any review about them ? thanks

Comment

Better use a small hosting company, they will offer you better technical support and they are happy to install your website for free just to get you in their company client list, I use a small hosting company and never had any problem, if anyone want their website name just let me now, I will be happy to recommend this company to anyone.

Comment

Is that hosting company owned by you ? just kidding

Comment

No no , it is not my company, just want to send them clients for free, I'm not affiliated with them just friend with them and a happy client that I will recommend them for free anytime I have the chance.

Comment

I had a picture website with 900 MB of images, even if they said that the offer unlimited space, they actually not doing that, I spent one week to realize that people can't post images on my website anymore because the maximum space limit was achieved, so no more space available after 900MB, I talk with them and they tell me that the max limitation per server is achieved and I need to buy a VPS to have my "unlimited" space guaranteed, I Highly not recommend them !

Comment

I think most of the hosting company that offer "unlimited space" are doing that after first 1gb consumed by users. I had a similar problem with Hostgator, so no one really offer unlimited hosting that is really unlimited. A similar problem happens to me when I get 400 domains to godaddy, they restricted me without even tell me that there is a limitation to max domains that we can add to the server. So in my opinion there is not a real hosting company that really offer unlimited space and server resources for low cost.

Comment

If you have in mind all the time a server architecture then you will realize easily that the hosting company can't offer unlimited resources even if they use cloud servers.

Comment

The company that starts with H is the best for hosting for sure, it have a huge number of fast servers and locations over USA and Europe, and what I love to them that they really offer good live chat support.

Comment

I don't use anymore the big hosting companies, I liked more to use a small hosting company that has more time for their clients, I use hostwix.com for all my dedicated servers and they are really cheap and provide much better support and more powerful servers than the big companies. I had a lot of problems with those big hosting companies, all the time my sites were slower, or my dedicated servers were down for unknown reasons and they never really helped me to find my server problems, so I quit and go to a small company and get much better support from them, and I like that they also offer support on Skype, Cheer.

Comment

I think HostGator is a big online company whit many clients that are very satisfied by their servers and chat support, including me that I'm using an VPS bought from them and I'm very proud because it never failed or have problems. I recommend this hosting company.

Comment

i would recommend you to go with godaddy hosting as there are many negative reviews from the user of hostgator experience more downtime....Godaddy is cheap and efficient......However if speed is your concern you may opt-in for hostgator....I would recommend you to go with godaddy hosting at this moment.....

Comment

Indeed both are big companies but because of that they're pointed for many attacks from different 3rd parties so this can be dangerous for your own business. I strongly suggest smaller companies that have good support.

Comment

I think it is your good decision to leave Godady and now you want to purchase your domain HostGator. HostGator is a best domain providing company and you can get best services from it at low and comfortable rates.

Comment

I would too recommend you to go with GoDaddy Hosting .Although it does not provide mind blowing speed as Hostgator,it is much cheaper and with low downtime.However, if you want a much better speed you may go for hostgator or if you want least downtime you may go for GoDaddy.

Comment

If you want cheap yet effective go with GoDaddy.
                                                      Hostgator is some what costlier than GoDaddy but yet has better speed than GD.

Comment

I use Godaddy because of the discount I receive from Costco. I would say that it is pretty mediocre, and not user friendly AT ALL. It works, but I have heard good things about bluehost, hostgator, and dreamhost. You can also consider SEO host if you want your domains on different IPs.
                                                        It is hard to get good info with so many affiliates out there. I host people on Godaddy just because I can make some $$ when I do, but most of the sites I build are for people that really need a single site with a few pages.
                                                        Another thing to think about is that even with 99.9% uptime, a site COULD still be down for more than 8 hours in a year.

Comment

Another vote for Hostgator. They are really best and offer affordable packages, you can buy the hosting plan according to your need. You can also search for coupon code and this will save you a couple of $$$ as well.

Comment

i prefer hostgator their service is good.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X