Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO Blog Commenting Work Still?

Hello there,
    Blog Commenting is an old way of generating links as well as some traffic to your site/blog.
    It all started to get traffic first,commenting on other blogs for just getting traffic leaving interesting links to your home website.But afterwards it became a good technique of link building.However I doubt today blog commenting is losing it's effectiveness.Many people say that getting link from blog in the form of comments are waste asthe obl is very high there.But at the same time some say that it should not be ignored.So i wanted to know what views do you people have regarding blog comments?Do they work or Don't?Has anyone got penalized by using them as blog commenting seems very un natural to me and it may be the same for search engines as well (may be i am wrong).Please share your views regarding this with a reason you have >Thanks

if you do it correctly ,it do works.For Example If you have a backlink from a blog with pr9 in the form of comment but have an OBL(OUTBOND LINK) of say 50.
    Then Your Link is worth nothing.
    Try to comment on blogs that have very low obl.Even if you have a backlink from 2-5 Blogs with PR3 with OBL like 10 or 15,it is worth more than getting a backlink from a blog of pr9 of 50 obl.

Comment

Also try commenting on blogs which are relevant to your niche.Don't comment on a blog which is on animal niche and leave a link to your blog which is on financial niche.That just will look spammy and unnatural.And Also When Google Penguin 2.1 hit, quality is far more important than quantity . So comment on less blog with low obl as stated above by owaiswiz then commenting on 1000s of blog with pr0 with obl next to hundred .However you can use some automated software like scrapebox or no hands seo to comment on blog with low obl as well as comment on blog that can act as your tier 2 links which will be in 1000s in number with high or very high obl.I advice you if you are building links to your main blog then go for manual commenting which will have higher success rate. Thanks

Comment

I agree with theneo - always the blog commenting must be made on the same field/direction blog, if you make the mistake of trying to mislead the Google Algorithms you may even be penalized, sometimes is better to not do it then to do it bad

Comment

Blog commenting only worth, if you leave comment on sites related to your niche, It also require time to leave a meaningful comment, The moderator only approves your comment if its really interesting and meaningful. So, anything that requires moderator approval will never get spammed and a links from such sites will help you improve your rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by seoplan View Post
            Blog commenting ....
            Totally Agree with you mate.However there are some blogs which auto -approves comment and then you might consider not commenting on them.you should comment on the blog which is very strict with moderation.Your success rate will be low however it would be worthy.

Comment

Yup,Blogg commenting does work>However I dont use it for my money site.now as i think it will be somewhat unnatural.I generally use it as tier 2 or tier 3 links .

Comment

Working...
              X